Visit me at cafe press!

Monday, May 21, 2012

SUMMER IS HERE!!!

My latest thoughts on painting are...I do not question or judge what to paint. I don't ask if it is art or relevant. I simply paint whatever i feel weather it be abstract or figurative. I just let it flow. It is all a learning experience. My art is strongly connected to my mood. Sometimes i find myself trying to coax a mood out of a painting. Often i can't articulate it but i know it when i see it. There is mystery here. Perhaps there are no words for some feelings and that is why we have art.









4 comments:

  1. Dear Sandi

    I am in love with your painting! I was looking for an artwork to illustrate a post on my blog "Americando"; I needed a female joggler. When I saw your site I couldn't take my eyes of it. Please, let me know if I can keep your on my blog; I write in Portuguese, my native language. I gave you all the credits and also a link for your site. I was wondering if you would be interested in illustrating a children's book...Glad to meet your art, your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Adriana,
    Thank-you so much for including my art work on your blog. I really appreciate it. All of my art is on flickr. Feel free to include this address as well: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittyjujube/
    I have been thinking about writing a children's book as well! Are you an author? I am so glad that you like my work. It makes me very happy!
    Love,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are such fragile but yet such powerful images, i cannot take my eyes off of their eyes, thanks for sharing!
    do you make mailart or atc's by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sevgul,
    So glad that you like the "girls"! I haven't made atc's as yet but they are on my list! I will list them on etsy when i do and contact you. My etsy address is:http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittyjujube
    Thanks for your interest in my work!
    love,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!