Visit me at cafe press!

Monday, July 4, 2011

What Ever Happenned To Free And Easy? July4/11

July is here and so is the heat and humidity! Our Garden looks promising and there are a few very small tomatoes starting! My daughter and i planted a small garden and are always on the look out for each new development.
I painted up a storm this weekend.
Here is a sample of some of the finished pieces.
These pieces are mostly narrative. I have 3 cats and am very fond of them. They always provide some sort of inspiration. I seem to have lost my earlier free and easy way of painting . Perhaps if I stop looking so hard it will find me again. I love it when everything just seems to happen and one thing leads to another. These recent paintings are more hesitant and less free. But it is all part of a process and there is always something to discover.


.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are all so amazingly beautiful!
    Lovely to hear about your gardening with your liitle angel daughter! Best time ever!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much Julie. your comments are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very nice Sandi...I really like the 2nd one with the cat on the girl lying down. I woke up this morning with a heavy weight on my chest...it was my cat Bungee sitting and staring at me while I slept. Ha! See ya Tuesday...Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice paintings Sandi...I really like the 2nd one with the cat on the girls chest lying down. I can identify with it...I awoke this morning to a heavy sensation on my chest...it was my cat Bungee sitting and staring at me while I slept. He wanted me to get up and feed him. See ya tomorrow Sandi...Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lee...yes they can get a little pesky with their lying on top of you especially if you are trying to read a book...my cat Twinky has decided that the space next to me will do if he can't plop down on top of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is delightful, Sandi.......whimsical, fun, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!