Visit me at cafe press!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My little Garden

Living close to downtown Toronto it is a real treat to have a little patch of soil to plant a garden. My daughter Julie has worked very hard creating our little piece of heaven. My bad back has prevented me from doing a lot of this type of work but I do what I can. So far we have peas, tomatoes, corn, zucchini, eggplant, strawberries, sage, oregano, and today we added stevia and dill.We also have a very old pear tree that is abundant with fruit in late summer.



As far as painting goes I have thoroughly enjoyed painting on stretched canvas instead of hardboard. I bought a huge piece of hardboard last year at Home Depot and had them cut it up into a ton of 8"x8" pieces which I have come to the end of. I have also indulged in good paint (Golden brand)....it was on sale.  It has more pigment than a lot of other brands and you don't need as much.  I bought red, blue, green, yellow, black and white and have started mixing more of my colors. LOVE this.these are my week of paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!